In lust with life!

Monday, December 27, 2004

All I want(ed) for Christmas (but didn't get)....

were...

three books

The Alchemist by Paolo Coelho
Dress Your Family I Corduroy and Denim by David Sedaris
Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norell by Susanna Clarke

An empty journal

An MP3 player (Baby bro I'm waiting...)

What I got were...

More shoes
More soap thigies
More cosmetics, lotion, and toiletries than I know what to do with that if you bunk me in a bomb shelter for a year I'd still be good.

More clothes, including

...A Darth Maul baseball jersey (duh?)

Focault's Pendlum by Umberto Eco (I'm going through a European authors phase)

Not that I'm complaining. Twas a pretty good yield this year. I may have busted my pockets but at least I got pretty great stuff. As for the things I want...why don't I buy them myself, you say? Well, I'm a pretty cheap bastard. I'll buy them myself evetually if I don't get them by the end of the season. Christmas ain't over til Jan. 6, ya hear?

2 comments:

Svelte Rogue said...

you're nice. you want 'only' an mp3 player when there's this snazzy ipod out there. and the mini version? to die for. i meant that. the empty journal? check out dominattyrix' site on my links. she found this really nice journal in rockwell. you'll have to tell your friends to go there and check it out. comes in lots of nice colors, too. sigh, writing this comment made me feel like i was in the philippines. i miss getting nice presents. really. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

Heya!

Re: Foucault's Pendulum, let us know what you think about the book, eh? I tried to read the whole thing several times but I keep getting interrupted. I've had that copy (now yellowed and smelly) since college but couldn't get around to finishing it, he he. I loved Umberto Eco's The Name of the Rose though, and his essays called Travels in Hyper-reality. But this book is, allow me to be blunt now, um, ver "putdownable."

Thanks for visiting my (still un-updated) site. :-)

~~Dominattyrix

About Me

My photo
Renaissance Woman Wannabe

They Read Me

Tides Past