In lust with life!

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Overdrive


Overdrive
Eraserheads/Barbie Almabis
Alam mo mayron akong pangarap sa buhay
sana matupad na

magda-drive ako hanggang Baguio
magda-drive ako hanggang Bicol
magda-drive ako hanggang Batangas
tapos magswi-swimming dun sa beach
isasama ko ang boyfriend ko
isasama ko kahit sinong may gusto
kahit may kasama siyang aso
basta't meron siyang dalang sariling buto
magdadala ako ng pagkain
burger fries tapsilog at siopao
magda-drive ako hanggang Visayas
magda-drive ako hanggang sa Mindanao
magda-drive ako buong taon
magda-drive ako habang buhay
magda-drive ako hanggang buwan
please please lang turuan mo
akong magdrive
gusto kong matutong magdrive
(kahit na walang kotse)
gusto kong matutong magdrive
(kahit na walang lisensya)
magdrive....drive
drive


In the tradition of my favorite road-trip stories like Lolita and Y Tu Mama Tambien, Thomas and I are going on a month-long journey around the Philippines. We rented a Toyota 2005 Vios 1.3 engine (not practical but the cheapest). I took a leave from work. I was so afraid to do it.I've never really gone on holiday, so I accumulated three months' worth of leaves after four years on the job, and the paranoid in me worries that I will get fired.

Our journey will take us, appropriately enough to Punta Fuego, Batangas with the family, then Thomas and I soldier on to Sagada, Laoag, Vigan, Legaspi. Then we return the car and fly to Cebu and roam Bohol. I may not be able to update my blog regularly. A sanitized chronicle of my journey will appear on Asian Journal.

I've always wanted to go on a backpacking tour around the country ever since I got out of university. However, I listened to my parents and elders, who always held me back. Well, since I have somebody to go with me now, all their arguments about how dangerous it is for a single female to go out across the country is out the window! This is a chance for me to do something I've always wanted to do, so I'm taking it. I now have the money to do t, and I've made the time for it.

The flat is clean now, and we're in the process of moving out. A new chapter in my life is unfolding, and I might be in for a roller-coaster on 2006.

So buckle your seatbelts, boys and girls, it's going to be a bumpy ride!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Renaissance Woman Wannabe

They Read Me

Tides Past