T + 1 Day.
Dear Baby,
I know it's very nice and comfy in my belly. Warm. Not like the dreary weather outside. Cold.
But sunshine, it's time to come out. You are becoming very heavy, and Mama's body isn't designed to carry an extra 40 pounds all the time. Ich bin keine kräftige Frau, mein Liebling. Mama's body is starting to hurt. And you taking after your father makes it hurt even more. I read that fetuses at the end of pregnancy are no longer so active because of space issues. But somehow you defy that, just like your dad did when he was in his mom's belly. Lack of sleep when you come out is no biggie for me anymore, since I already can't sleep with you kicking my ribs and lungs, and I can no longer move without some sort of pain. So really, I would welcome your arrival. The pain of childbirth doesn't scare me anymore, because I just want the pregnancy over with. No offense, dear.
I know it's difficult to come out when Ma takes very good care of you. Like when the doctor told me that instead of two, I have three arteries going into my belly to feed you. But really, growing up means letting go. You can't stay in my belly forever. Someday, you will find out that you can't live with mama and papa forever. In the meantime Sweetie, please understand that it's not that I don't like you. I'm just saying that it's time.
We are hoping to see you soon,
Love,
Mama and Papa.
In lust with life!
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment