A single girl’s musings on life, love, and search for “The One”
Let me begin with an introduction. Call me Arashi. I’m a 24-year old single girl navigating through Manila’s jungle. I left home almost a year ago in my raging desire to live free from parental constraints. It’s not easy, and my family isn’t very comfortable with my decision, but the freedom I have right now to decide how I want to live my life is soo worth it. I love Makati, my current environs. Sometimes, as I walk to its malls, walk to work, I take in the skyline, and it amazes me that I’m alive. Yes, I’m a big sucker for life and all things human.
The usual guys who are attracted to me (and seem to be attracted to) are spineless freaks who have some weird hang-up about strong women. Right now, I just emerged from a “cool-off” with Mr. 18-year old, a hottie who I later found out was actually still in high school, after a weird, amusing and kinda embarrassing talking-to I received from his father, who caught me and a couple of other girls sleeping over at his son’s room. Okay, okay, it was kinda wrong of us to do so. A week ago I thought I may be pregnant, thus freaking him out and proposing the “cool-off” (what the fuck is a cool-off anyway? Such a state doesn’t exist. You’re either on a break or aren’t)
From the prompting of my friends, who think my life is fodder for a very amusing blog, I’ve decided to put my exploits to cyberspace (as opposed to my personal thoughts, which is strictly pen to paper). They feel that my life’s lessons will serve some purpose. For those who think this is a ‘sex in the city’ rip-off (the novel, not the TV show), well, it kind of is, so to future critics, I say, it is, so what’s the big deal, get over it, and stop reading.
In case my life isn’t exciting enough, I will also put in my friends exploits (using pseudonyms, of course) to record. So friends, really sorry there too.
What else? I love the beach. I love great conversation. I like to travel a lot. I love massages. I don’t like habitual liars, and “feeling close” people. I have some hobbies, like cosplay. Cosplay meaning I dress up as cartoon, anime, comic book and video game characters during competitions. I speak differently from the way I write, and I’m not sure if I would be a better speaker than a writer. I’ve resisted blogging because I feel that my thoughts isn’t public fodder. For this reason, I’d rather remain anonymous. I’m a free spirit, which basically means I’ve stopped caring about what other people who don’t actually care for me think of what I do with my life. I am also a Toastmaster, and the Vice President of membership of my particular club at that. Yes, I have very diverse and strange interests. I find myself strange sometimes, too, especially at the things I find fascinating or amusing. I catch myself at odd moments, relishing some sort of sensory pick-me-up. Last week I was fascinated at this lamppost. The lamp at the corner of Pasong Tamo and Buendia, where the gas station is, to be exact. The inside of its globe had filled up with water because of the storm, and was swaying slightly because of the wind. The water inside played with the light inside the lamp so beautifully, I thought it was one of the most amazing things I’ve seen, and oddly, made me feel grateful that I’m alive to witness it.
* * *
For some reason, my sexual freedom makes people feel that they are free to seek my help for their relationship or sexual dysfunctions. I don’t claim to be that free, nor am I really more liberated than the next gal. Maybe I need to be less open about my sexual secrets. People give me more information than I need to know, or want to know, you know? More later...
Let me begin with an introduction. Call me Arashi. I’m a 24-year old single girl navigating through Manila’s jungle. I left home almost a year ago in my raging desire to live free from parental constraints. It’s not easy, and my family isn’t very comfortable with my decision, but the freedom I have right now to decide how I want to live my life is soo worth it. I love Makati, my current environs. Sometimes, as I walk to its malls, walk to work, I take in the skyline, and it amazes me that I’m alive. Yes, I’m a big sucker for life and all things human.
The usual guys who are attracted to me (and seem to be attracted to) are spineless freaks who have some weird hang-up about strong women. Right now, I just emerged from a “cool-off” with Mr. 18-year old, a hottie who I later found out was actually still in high school, after a weird, amusing and kinda embarrassing talking-to I received from his father, who caught me and a couple of other girls sleeping over at his son’s room. Okay, okay, it was kinda wrong of us to do so. A week ago I thought I may be pregnant, thus freaking him out and proposing the “cool-off” (what the fuck is a cool-off anyway? Such a state doesn’t exist. You’re either on a break or aren’t)
From the prompting of my friends, who think my life is fodder for a very amusing blog, I’ve decided to put my exploits to cyberspace (as opposed to my personal thoughts, which is strictly pen to paper). They feel that my life’s lessons will serve some purpose. For those who think this is a ‘sex in the city’ rip-off (the novel, not the TV show), well, it kind of is, so to future critics, I say, it is, so what’s the big deal, get over it, and stop reading.
In case my life isn’t exciting enough, I will also put in my friends exploits (using pseudonyms, of course) to record. So friends, really sorry there too.
What else? I love the beach. I love great conversation. I like to travel a lot. I love massages. I don’t like habitual liars, and “feeling close” people. I have some hobbies, like cosplay. Cosplay meaning I dress up as cartoon, anime, comic book and video game characters during competitions. I speak differently from the way I write, and I’m not sure if I would be a better speaker than a writer. I’ve resisted blogging because I feel that my thoughts isn’t public fodder. For this reason, I’d rather remain anonymous. I’m a free spirit, which basically means I’ve stopped caring about what other people who don’t actually care for me think of what I do with my life. I am also a Toastmaster, and the Vice President of membership of my particular club at that. Yes, I have very diverse and strange interests. I find myself strange sometimes, too, especially at the things I find fascinating or amusing. I catch myself at odd moments, relishing some sort of sensory pick-me-up. Last week I was fascinated at this lamppost. The lamp at the corner of Pasong Tamo and Buendia, where the gas station is, to be exact. The inside of its globe had filled up with water because of the storm, and was swaying slightly because of the wind. The water inside played with the light inside the lamp so beautifully, I thought it was one of the most amazing things I’ve seen, and oddly, made me feel grateful that I’m alive to witness it.
* * *
For some reason, my sexual freedom makes people feel that they are free to seek my help for their relationship or sexual dysfunctions. I don’t claim to be that free, nor am I really more liberated than the next gal. Maybe I need to be less open about my sexual secrets. People give me more information than I need to know, or want to know, you know? More later...

2 comments:
Whee! You finally have a blog! I'm watching this one :D
Interesting...Did you know that's the same corner you mentioned where someone stole your phone?
Post a Comment