To understand what this post is about, first you have to read this
Done? Good.
Now I am amazed at the ripples that some of my actions cause. Last Thursday, My friends from the younger set of the Executive Toastmasters Club decided to go out for some drinks after the meeting. I was coaching Lyra, one of our newest members, on how to pick a topic for her Speech number two for her basic manual (hehe, TM geek-speak).
The discussion drifted to places where we can go hang out outside of TM, and she mentioned that she goes to the annual Cosmo Bachelor's bash as a panata (personal vow). Leslie and I were not able to go because we weren't able to score tickets, plus, Thomas and I went to Marinduque for the weekend.
"But I did attend the 2004 bash. In fact, I went up the stage for one of their contests," I noted.
"Oh yeah? I was there too! Who were you there?"
"I don't know if you'd remember, but I joined the lick-the-chocolate-syrup off the model contest."
"Oh my God! Who were you there?"
"I was the girl who made the model lie down..."
And she lets off this shriek, "OH MY GOD! YOU WERE THAT GIRL!!! YOU'RE INFAMOUS!" and she starts laughing her head off.
In an excited voice, she tells me that the 2005 party was boring, and I spiced up the 2004 party, asked me what the hell I was thinking, blah blah.
And here is the kicker! "Ohmygod, my girlfriends and I were debating whether or you were a tranny!
And I had the biggest laugh of the month! I get it all the time, and all because of the same reason she gave. "Because we weren't sure if there was really a girl who would have the guts to go do what you did!"
"Actually I went backstage after that and spoke to the other male models. They were all shocked at what you did and they all felt sorry for the model. They felt that he was exploited!"
A kick in the head, eh? Should I say go girl power?
I retort, "Hello, the felt exploited? This was a party where they had male models gyrate in cages!"
"Oh my God, I can't wait to tell my friends that I met that infamous girl from the Bachelor's Bash.
Dammit, and I still have leftover mouthwash to prove it!
---------
On another note, Michael (aka Basang Panaginip )has compiled a list of the sexiest bloggers in the blogosphere. And yes, I am on that list! I even ran into an old college classmate. Read his selection, he has led me to some blogs that I now read avidly. Thanks for picking my blog, I am so flattered! I guess my name does indeed live in infamy!
In lust with life!
Sunday, March 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment