In lust with life!

Sunday, November 12, 2006

I Want a Bit of Sunshine, Please!

The weather here in Germany is bleak enough to drive the cheeriest optimist insane.
It is so cold here that I scan the weather reports daily (So German) and look at the outdoor thermometer to plan my outfit. The days are so short that it's dark by 4 p.m. I once looked at the temperature outside. The thermometer said 8 degrees Centigrade.
"My, it's quite warm now, isn't it?"

I never thought I'd utter those words in single digit weather. I miss the tropics! Give me a tropical Christmas!

* * *

I was in Mainz last week for the first part of my training as an English teacher. I will be in Mainz again later, and in Deggendorf from Wednesday till Sunday. So I'm gonna be away for a week. Basically, this is my last respite before I start working and studying at the same time. I just can not remain still, can I? I studied and worked my way through university, held two jobs last year, and now this. I am so excited to be running around two cities in zero degree weather!

I am a bit worried that my German will suffer because my brain will not be able to focus on just learning one language.


Martin and I in his office in Mainz

And a shout-out to Martin. Thanks for hosting me!
* * *

I have made a list (a list!) of what I miss in the Philippines. So if there's anybody here in Germany who can do this, or give this to me, I'd be eternally grateful.

1 Walis Tambo

People, you have no idea how frustrating it is to work with German brooms. Look
here. It explains why.

2 Pansit Malabon

Out of all the Pancits I can make, this one I have no clue.

3 The Filipino People

I would love to live with people who don't complain or ask me why I would have the desire to change my shirt everyday, or my jeans weekly. People who think that hamog is bad, not good for you.

4 Cosplay

Here, I have to resort to filz-making (its German name) to satisfy my creative urges. Not bad, but it ain't cosplay.

5 My family

My nieces and nephew are growing up without me. :(

The Sun is here! Yehey!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Renaissance Woman Wannabe

They Read Me

Tides Past