I remember reading Heidelbergerin's post on Dresden, and how she fell in love with a city.
Well, I've fallen in love too. My city's name is Barcelona! I love it because the city seemed so alive and electric, gritty and beautiful. Where Manila is a deranged woman, Barcelona is her passionate, tempetuous sister. She has her rough parts, but her beautiful parts are fantastic! Manila, look at Barcelona. This is the city you should have been. It makes me weep thinking about how we have destroyed my hometown.
The best New Year's party I've been to was in the year 2000, when 700 partygoers turned the middle of Paseo de Roxas and Ayala Avenue into a dance floor till 7 am. This party comes quite close! Don't you just love marching bands?
I like the city so much that I'm planning to move there! I'm subletting my apartment here in Erfurt for three months to teach English while learning Spanish in Barcelona. Oh, how I love the flexibility of freelancing! Barcelona, here I come!
In lust with life!
Thursday, February 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment