In lust with life!

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

The Towering Castells of Catalunya



A lot of things move me to tears. Lately, the realization of a dream made my eyeballs moisten.

You see, as a young girl growing up and dreaming of adventure, I had always wanted to watch the Castellers of Spain do their thing, live. I saw it once on the Discovery Channel one day, and thought, wow, I would like to be part of that.

I am so happy to be able to witness the Castellers, live! And I am so grateful to have an old Catalunyan by my side actually explain the whys and hows of the Castellers, who are just so amazing. A devoted fan of the practice, he even gave me a hand-out of the different formations and explanations in English and German, and we spoke in a mish-mash of Spanish and English.

I wish you were here with me to see this



Molts Merces, Catalunya! Featured are the Minyons de Terrassa.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Renaissance Woman Wannabe

They Read Me

Tides Past