In lust with life!

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Manila Sound (music post)

Sometimes I feel I was born in the wrong decade. I caught the tail-end of the dark days of disco as a kid, and from what I hear from my parent's generation, Manila was a really happening place in the '70s. I really like "Manila Sound," the Filipino version of disco-funk-swing that dominated the airwaves then. The '90s band revival was also really cool. Sometimes I wish creativity would dominate the airwaves again, just like it did in the '70s and '90s.

Here is a song that always makes me homesick

My favorite Manila sound song. It reminds me of the phat beats of Jamiroquai.


And check out Makati before the buildings took over!


Spot the celebrity: Vilma Santos, Val Sotto (ang payat!) Si Spanky Rigor pre-T.O.D.A.S.!

Haha anyway good times for my parents, I guess. My memory of the '80s is pretty hazy, but these songs bring back my childhood.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Renaissance Woman Wannabe

They Read Me

Tides Past