I am JUST SO FRUSTRATED with DELTA AIRLINES that I am just about to be SICK!
Really, airlines should just stop outsourcing customer service since they really couldn't do anything. These 1-800 numbers are just out to pilfer money from their customers without really giving any service!
It all started when I tried to book a flight to Las Vegas to see my parents. According to the DELTA website, Customers traveling with infants are charged 10% of the ticket, along with any taxes. The ticket I wanted to buy cost 303€, and a whopping €200 in taxes. I wanted a final figure, I didn't want to end up paying 1000 $ for the flight. But the call center told me that I would have to book the flight first and then call them again to add Antonio's name to my entry. I booked the flight and called the call center again, and asked for a final figure.
They took my call. I gave them my credit card number, my three digit code.
Then my call was dropped.
I started panicking at this point. I just gave some stranger my credit card details and still didn't have a figure of how much the flight was actually gonna cost. It was already almost 1 a.m., and calls from Germany were forwarded to the American call center only until this time.
After a fitful night's sleep, I called Delta in Atlanta, not an 800 number (thanks, Adam!) and cancelled my flight. My confirmation number doesn't appear online anymore, but I'm still waiting for my refund to book a new flight. I maxxed out my credit card in the whole fiasco.
But wait! There's more! I called Atlanta to follow-up and "Amy" told me that I will not get a refund cos I'm in Europe! She gave me a customer care number and it took me 45 minutes to iron out this mess. Turns out my refund application isn't on queue, and it would take 3-4 WEEKS, not 5-7 business DAYS as promised, to refund my money.
Meanwhile, I still have no flight, no e-mail confimation that I've asked for a refund despite x requests, and time is running short before the costs of my flight skyrocket. THANK YOU DELTA.
In lust with life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Ach, wie ärgerlich!
Make sure you contact the credit card company to let them know the payment is in dispute. I don't know if it's in their power to withhold payment from the payee or to put a hold on it, but I hope you can actually talk to a real person while trying to work things out.
I have been doing just that, but I need written confirmation from Delta that the transaction was cancelled, something that I have been waiting for a week now! Otherwise, my bank cannot put the payment on hold.
Post a Comment