In lust with life!

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I Went to Manila and All I Got Was a Lousy Conscience

Well, if you wonder where I went these past few months, I went back to the homeland. Unfortunately, I don't have pictures to show for it, since our camera was stolen from my husband's checked-in backpack (goes to show that when you fly Cebu Pacific, you get what you pay for).

Somehow, saying goodbye to the folks this time was much harder than it was the last time. I decided to step on that plane was the impending summer heat, and the fact that Antonio has a brighter future in Europe. That's it.

Seeing the passage of time in how much my nieces and nephew have grown, and the knowledge that Antonio will not grow up with his cousins, was really sad. The fact that I don't have the luxury of household help in Germany was another. Haaay...Do all expats have this, I wonder.

3 comments:

diamondblue said...

Depends I guess on where you live I guess. Most of the expats in my area live a pretty cushy life so they like it here.

Got a new blog and I'm serious about maintaing it this time :D www.newlymintedbum.blogspot.com

J said...

Well, I don't have a wife or kid, but plenty of other expats do so you might want to see how they survive. Jen (Heisse Scheisse) and Alice (LifeDeathPreeclampsia) come to mind. I think they're in similar situations as you.

jonasdiego said...

Sayang we didn't get to meet again but at least nagkita pa rin tayo and I got to see Antonio at last. Hanggang sa muli! :D

About Me

My photo
Renaissance Woman Wannabe

They Read Me

Tides Past