My Laptop, I barely knew Thee.
I was very happy the day I got my laptop. It was a Christmas present from my German family, who had all chipped in to get it for me. I badly needed one for work, and heaven heard my prayers. I have a desktop, inherited from a friend, and the sound wasn't going right. I needed Skype for my business, you see.
You had a built-in camera function, great sound, and free Windows. What more could I ask for?
Oh, you were so shiny and new that I was scared witless every time you got a scratch. I think the biggest scare was when some rainwater splashed on the laptop and it wouldn't switch on for a few hours. I called people I barely knew to ask for advice!
I called you mine and put a big, fat sticker on the front. My name. You were mine.
Oh, how cruel was it that you were taken so early from me. Last June 2, while we were away during Himmelfahrt weekend, you were taken stealthily from our apartment, Charger included. I tried to look for you on E-bay and second-hand shops, but in vain.
Oh Laptop, I cherish the short months we spent together, and I thank you for your service. Adieu.

5 comments:
Whoa, someone stole it from your apartment? What else did you lose? How terrible!
my apartment got broken into also last april. lost my passport but i was able to chase the guy and get our laptops back. :/
Sobrang nakakalungkot. Nakakuha ka na ng bago?
HIndi pa :( Inaantay ko pa yung insurance, kahit papano mai-sauli sa akin yung pera para may pambili.
Cliff-I also lost a 10 year old analog SLR camera, it did look expensive, but it wasn't really worth much. I doubt insurance would cover that.
Kuebel-We were gone over that long weekend, so for all we knew it was already sold on Monday
having insurance paid off. good thing my husband was meticulous in keeping receipts and such. what was hard for us was to know the value of the jewelry i lost. the insurance paid us back for most of the stuff.
Post a Comment