In lust with life!

Monday, February 21, 2005

Hey, Jealousy

Every girl's nightmare is to have another girl go on the warpath because she thinks that you're after her man. Recent example is the Sunshine Cruz/Julianna Palermo scandal that caused everyone to titter behind their backs. Girls are scary to fight with, this I know. When I was in Fedex I had been harassed at work by my ex's now-wife, when I didn't even know that they were together. I have been called a b-ach, a boyfriend-stealer, names through the years.

I have been at the receiving end of this rampage again recently, from a girl . Imagine my surprise when I received a text message last night that said:

"U SL*T. U MADE THINGS WORSE BETWEEN ME N JEI. U R A SL*T BAKIT MO SYA SINABIHAN ABT MY E-MAIL. NOW HE'LL END IT BECOS OF U. PUTA KA."

Even just reading it is painful.

A quick recap.

Jei is an aquaintance from the anime community. He's an animator, working special effects on commercials and films. We became good friends when we became fellow voice actors in a cartoon we're working on called "Jobert."

Jei is from Iloilo, where his girlfriend is working as a Medical Representative. They've been together for six years. Now, Jei is cute, but he isn't my type. The guy is a complete softy, and bleeds easily. I shared my quest for career fulfillment with him, and he has cheered me on in auditions, through job hunts, disappointments, and other career opportunities.
Jo came here for a visit from Iloilo last month. Jei wanted us to be friends so she won't get jealous whenever Jei tells her that he and I are doing something together. I think it backfired, making her feel more insecure and jealous.
On Valentine's Day, she sent me an e-mail pleading me to refuse any invitations to go out with Jei even if he asks me. I felt slighted. How presumptuous of this girl, I thought. So I told Jei of the insult. He has been having trouble with Jo's paranoia for sometime, and he has been pouring out his heart to me, about his troubles, asking for advice and consolation. I keep on telling him to remember what it is about her that drew them to each other.
I understand where she is coming from. A long distance love is very hard to maintain. I am very disappointed in her now. I liked her. I thought that we could be friends. She asked me to keep an eye on Jei for her. And now this? I feel very betrayed.
I wanted to take the high road and refuse to acknowledge the insult. Of course, my sister, who is the palaban (spitfire) among my siblings, was outraged and answered on my behalf.
Whatever happens next, happens. I'm tired of having people throw their crap on me. I already have enough crap to deal with.

4 comments:

jonasdiego said...

Que sera sera, I suppose. :)

Dante Gagelonia said...

Jeez. It's never a picnic to have to deal with someone who's the deeply insecure and/or jealous sort.

Svelte Rogue said...

so kill me for this comment. sana you left the text of jo alone. better yet, sana you didn't tell jei na lang. it's not my place to opine, i know, but it's just gut feel. and only because i've been in a similar situation before. sabi nila, minsan the truth doesn't set you free. kasi relationship nila yon e. yon lang.

sorry for the "crap", dear.

but i wanted to tell you because deep down, i know you can take it.

and don't get me wrong. i don't think you were wrong ha. not at all.

jactinglim said...

Amen on the last line. I wish i could beat the crap out of all those people who are full of bull.

About Me

My photo
Renaissance Woman Wannabe

They Read Me

Tides Past