In lust with life!

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Valentine, Schmalentine

Guys, sorry for not posting for some time.

I'm working through major issues right now. I find myself at a crossroads, and as usual, I have no idea of what fork in the road to take. The thing about life is, nothing is what it seems, and there are no guarantees. The dream job is never handed to you, the dream guy is never what he seems, and "friends" stab you in the back. I have lived my life knowing that what's here today is here today. But I am talking about the future here...so here goes...

If there is one thing I know, I will recognize my guy I will be with the moment I see him. Definitely. I'm such a romantic!

After I am able to thresh these out, you will be able to enjoy my regular weekly postings.

Valentines Day is around the corner. Every time Valentines day rolls around, whether I have a boyfriend or not, I wear black to protest the over-emphasis of romantic love in popular culture. I believe that there are more, deeper kinds of love. Filial love, friendships. I treasure friendships greatly, that's why I never mess around with my friends and I try my best to be a good and supportive friend, no matter what my opinion is on how my friends live their lives.
I've been doing this since 1997. I remember V-day 1998 I sat in the bus and nobody wanted to sit beside me because I looked like I stepped out of a coven.

I love freaking people out.


3 comments:

Raipo said...

My friends and I call Valentines "The Black Day"...

...we call lovers: "heretics"

...and I am a self-proclaimed "Anti-mush"

That was before, yeah and like you I have realized that love is all around, not just with the person you're in a relationship with at the moment. And well all I can say now is I should've let go of all my bitterness and regret thet I've carried for so long.

...I think I'm in my rehab phase.

Nice article! keep it up!

I'll still wear black or blue on the 14th. Ala lang...

Svelte Rogue said...

it's true, arashi-kishu. you will know. you just will. no matter how the world goes against your choice, basta ikaw alam mo. i know nadia cole. a very good friend of mine. :)

Dante Gagelonia said...

Hey, Cathy. =)

Don't fret too much about finding the right person -- the prevailing trend seems to be that the one you want will show up exactly when you stop hunting. ;)

About Me

My photo
Renaissance Woman Wannabe

They Read Me

Tides Past