In lust with life!

Thursday, September 22, 2005

The Anthems of My Youth

Ahh...1996. I was a nerd in high school that hung out with my hopelessly cool sister, who was at the time, with her hip-hop loving posse. ParaƱaque is hip-hop country, with Andrew E at the helm. I decided to re-visit my musical past after reading Jonas' blog. I felt a bit nostalgic going through the list. I decided to remove some of the songs I didn't know to give way for my comments.
Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix), Los Del Rio- Thomas is annoyed that I compulsively dance to this. I still know the steps.
One Sweet Day, Mariah Carey and Boyz II Men-Luved this. She was still not as skanky as she is. Loved her Honey phase! and her Fantasy video! I still know the steps
Because You Loved Me, Celine Dion- I liked the Rob Redford-MIchelle Pfiffer movie better.
Always Be My Baby, Mariah Carey- "And you wil linger on, because we're still going strong..."
Tha Crossroads, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony-sing with me! "See you at the crossroads!" Damn memories of house parties galore!
8. I Love You Always Forever, Donna Lewis- Just as I was graduating *sniff* I also liked "Baby, now that I've found you I won't let you go, I built my world around you..."
Twisted, Keith Sweat-you know you wanna dance this with me
Missing, Everything But The Girl
Ironic, Alanis Morissette
Exhale (Shoop Shoop), Whitney Houston- Ergh.
Sittin' Up In My Room, Brandy
How Do U Want It / California Love, 2Pac- They played this non-stop at the clubs at the time. Do the Westside hands for be 'brutha! WS4lyf!
It's All Coming Back To Me Now, Celine Dion-I wanted to cry--in AGONY
Change The World, Eric Clapton
Hey Lover, LL Cool J
Loungin, LL Cool J
Insensitive, Jann Arden
Be My Lover, La Bouche
Name, Goo Goo Dolls
Who Will Save Your Soul, Jewel - I liked Paula Cole better, even when she went disco
Where Do You Go, No Mercy
I Can't Sleep Baby (If I), R. Kelly
Counting Blue Cars, Dishwalla
You Learn / You Oughta Know, Alanis Morissette - Ay! anthem ng mga sawi!
One Of Us, Joan Osborne
Wonder, Natalie Merchant - I recently saw the video for this again, and couldn't help but think how long ago that has been already.
Not Gon' Cry, Mary J. Blige
Gangsta's Paradise, Coolio -Hoooo yea!
Only You, 112 Featuring The Notorious B.I.G.
Down Low (Nobody Has To Know), R. Kelly
1, 2, 3, 4 (Sumpin' New), Coolio
The World I Know, Collective Soul
No Diggity, BLACKstreet (Featuring Dr. Dre) - and sing now! Heyo-heyo-heyo-heyooo!!!
Anything, 3t
1979, The Smashing Pumpkins - poignaant, since I was 16 at the time
Diggin' On You, TLC
Why I Love You So Much / Ain't Nobody, Monica
Fantasy, Mariah Carey - I still know the steps!
You'll See, Madonna
Mouth, Merril Bainbridge - this song made me want to make out., since I hadn't been kissed yet, I made out with my hand.
The Earth, The Sun, The Rain, Color Me Badd
All The Things (Your Man Won't Do), Joe
Wonderwall, Oasis
Woo-hah!! Got You All In Check / Everything Remains Raw, Busta Rhymes
Tell Me, Groove Theory
Elevators (Me and You), Outkast -D pa sila sikat.
Theme From Mission: Impossible, Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen
Just A Girl, No Doubt
Lady, D'angelo -whatever happened to him?
73. Nobody, Keith Sweat
If It Makes You Happy, Sheryl Crow
As I Lay Me Down, Sophie B. Hawkins
Un-Break My Heart, Toni Braxton
This Is Your Night, Amber
Runaway, Janet Jackson
My Boo, Ghost Town Dj's- I still know the steps
That Girl, Maxi Priest Featuring Shaggy
Beautiful Life, Ace Of Base
Back For Good, Take That -great video

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Renaissance Woman Wannabe

They Read Me

Tides Past