As the only Filipina from the Philippines in this city, I have been invited to do a cooking demo for a group of East German women, who have never seen a Filipino in their lives.
The rules are: It has to be easy to prepare, it has to be easy to duplicate, and the ingredients should be readily available in the local supermarkets and Asian grocery stores. It should also suit the German palate.
I've decided to make lumpiang shanghai as an entree, and pansit guisado as an appetizer. I don't have any ideas for a salad (optional) and a dessert.
I made palitaw for Barbara, but she didn't like it. She said that the sticky consistency was too alien for her. I decided against turon because I'm making something with lumpia wrappers already. Don't say minatamis na saging because the Spanish restaurant carries it. And they know leche flan comes from Mexico.
I need something that's distinctly Pinoy. Send me an email! I'll be cooking on the 3rd of March!
In lust with life!
Friday, February 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment