Sometimes I can't get over how shallow our world has become.
I was chatting yesterday with one of my friends over at YM.
Her: So, is the thing that's happening in Paris also making headlines there?
Now, my friend is a great gal, but she sometimes gets her prepositions wrong.
Me: What's happening in Paris? Sorry, I'm not updated, I haven't watched TV lately. You mean the elections?
Her: No, Paris Hilton!
Me: PARIS HILTON?!
Me. nobody cares!
Her: Well, they show live updates here.
(Me mentally:on Philippine TV!)
Me: Well, they show it on the news, I guess. But no live updates!
-----------------------
Quite ironic that I find this amusing, because I was once a TV junkie. I used to spend an average of four to five hours parked in front of the TV a day. I am a big fan of Buffy TVS, X Files, The Amazing Race. I still watch TV here in Germany, but to a much lesser extent. I can attribute it to the fact that TV programs here are more educational than entertaining, but honestly, I've got better things to do than to channel surf nowadays.
I'm no TV snob, I still download programs of my choice. Rome kicks ass. I bet that if I started to watch Hero, I would get into it too, like everybody else has. I'm also quite sad that Bob Barker is retiring. My Grandpa and I used to watch The Price is Right together as a ritual.
By the way, they're showing Rome dubbed in German on Pro 7 starting July 8. I think Pro7's parent company helped fund the show. Oh, and Weeds is on German TV too. I haven't seen it yet but I've heard great reviews.
In lust with life!
Friday, June 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment