In lust with life!

Sunday, November 02, 2008

What Turns You On?



I saw this video on Deusexmalcontent and I have discovered a newfound love for Rilo Kiley. By jove, is this song and video hypnotic! And Giovanni Ribisi! I always thought of Ribisi as the guy who plays freaks or sidekicks in movies, a character actor type, never the leading man. But in this video he looks sooooo sexy and smoldering that I think I have another actor crush aside from Daniel Brühl.

I mean look at his eyes! And the nape!

Yes, his nape.

Filipinos have a weird thing for intimate and normally unseen body parts. I once spoke to a taxi driver in Manila who had a thing for Mexican singer/actress Thalia's armpits (In his words, "they are so smooth and white!"). Jose Rizal (our national hero)in his novel Noli Me Tangere spoke of Cris Ibarra's fondness for Maria Clara's "pearly white nape" in 1886.

And there's a shot in the video that focuses on his nape and I swore I melted. You see, napes are not created equal. His nape was so...delicate yet manly, you know? I mean, I would get turned-off with handsome men who have ugly napes. I don't know what makes me like napes. It's the slope of it, and how the hairline begins at the back. Sometimes when I am walking down some street and a guy has his back turned to me and he has this most wonderful nape that I really bite the inside of my cheek to resist the urge to go up to him and kiss his nape.

And there's Tide. The laundry detergent.

It's one of the things I miss about the Philippines. The smell of Tide laundry soap. Sure, we have Ariel back home as well, but I have this weird thing about smell. The reason why I never dated smokers (well, except for my first boyfriend) was because I was very particular about how guys smelled. I once turned down a guy because of how he smelled. He didn't stink, it's just that he smelled like syrupy sweet cough syrup. Gosh, I once acted for a theater troupe composed of Catholic seminarians (!) and I couldn't get enough of one actor. He wasn't my type but he smelled so gorgeously of Tide and had an amazing nape and I kept following him around only from behind, of course, because I loved how he smelled. And his nape.

So here I am playing this song and video over and over again because I love the song, I love the video, and I love Giovanni Ribisi's nape. Thank You.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Renaissance Woman Wannabe

They Read Me

Tides Past