In lust with life!

Monday, August 22, 2005

Playing House

There are certain advantages to living with your lover.

For one, I wake up next to a blond adonis every day.

I wake up to breakfast.

I live in an P 18,000 studio located at the 24th floor of a condominum four buildings away from my office, smack dab in the middle of Salcedo Village. I make P18,000 a month.

Sex on demand (his or hers, doesn't matter. The rougher and kinkier, the better)

Security, even if it may be false.

And certain disadvantages as well.

I have to contend with the unfamiliar mess

Unfamiliar food

Unfamiliar habits.

Someone who doesn't belive in my religion.

He sleeps with a blanket hog.

And no farting around each other!

I am so tempted to give up my place. The economic advantages are enormous. What's the point of paying the extra P 3,000 rent? However, I am aware that we might not be forever. Promises may fall short, Shit could happen. I need the other flat for my security.

And there are the social implications of living together. Yes, I do care about what other people think of me, especially my mother and my aunt. I have always been the goody-goody, and they were constantly in the dark about my extra-curriculars. They would be mortified out of their Catholic skulls if they discover that we have moved in together. Threats of eternal damnation, constant warnings that he's merely using me for sex. It's not unwarranted, but I'd rather not hear it right now.

I just don't want to hear "I told you so." Not from them.

So I should probably keep my place, just for show.

Another potential problem for me if this doesn't work out is if future *Filipino* dates discover that I had lived with a former boyfriend, I would be a dating pariah. I would constantly run into moralistic or insecure prudes who would turn me down because of it. Oh well, I probably won't be interested in dating those kinds of guys anyway.

Maybe I just need to grow up.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

NikkiAlfar
Tobie Abad
Gabby Lee
Andre Mischa Cleofe

4 comments:

Rant Letters said...

Finally, our firewall let me see your journal.

About you living in with Thomas, I think it's a good idea if you give it tons of thought and time. It's true that you might not be forever and certainly shit would happen.

But I know, when the time comes, you will be more than 90% sure about your decision.

Screw your mother and aunt, it is still your life and we, your friends, will support you whatever happens ^^

Joey said...

Cathy -

Wow you two have truly hit it off if you're both ready to live together! And I only say that b/c it doesn't seem as though you've been dating for so long - but anyhoo thats awesome!!

It's easy for people to tell you - don't worry about your mom and aunt - but in a way I can understand. Everything I do and say is under the microscope of my family - especially my mom, 2 aunts and grandmother. If it eases you to keep your place for a bit - then do so!

jonasdiego said...

Use the force. ;)

batangbatugan said...

No second thoughts now(I think it's too late, anyway)... it's your happiness at stake here. ^__^

About Me

My photo
Renaissance Woman Wannabe

They Read Me

Tides Past