In lust with life!

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Pakistani's Bhutto Killed in Attack

When I read today's Yahoo Newsreport on Benazir Bhutto's death, I knew that it was an inevitable conclusion to a very long and storied life.

When she returned to Pakistan, narrowly escaping death a few hours after arriving, I already had an ominous feeling that she was living on borrowed time. How sad that my intuition was proven correct.

I had interviewed her before, and she struck me as a very strong person, yet she was not arrogant at all. She took time for little old me, a 21 year old cowering in fear of this world-renowed woman, at the corridor of the Manila Hotel.

Will Pakistan do an EDSA? They have their Ninoy. But the problems in Pakistan are a many-headed beast. Musharaf is not the main problem. People there can't help but abet Islamic-fundamentalist terrorists, after glorifying it's existence for 30-odd years.

She loved her country. She was a wonderful woman. I wish her a good journey into the afterlife.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Renaissance Woman Wannabe

They Read Me

Tides Past