In lust with life!

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Salamat!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Hello guys I'd like to thank everybody who sent in their suggestions! I ended up making pansit, lumpiang shanghai, and biko! They ate everything (and I mean everything) that I didn't even have leftovers for the staff to eat. It was fantastic!

The version of biko that I made was suggested by the anonymous poster in my February 2 entry. The biko was basically a hybrid of the ordinary biko that we think of, but the brown caramelized topping that I made out of condensed milk reminded me more of the cassava cake toppings that come from Bulacan. Instead of macapuno, I filled the biko with langka. This is a tradition I see often in Cavite.

And I tell ya, I've served these old folks before, and they are picky eaters.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

So thanks everyone for your suggestions! They want an encore, and I'll probably make Leila's embutido this time!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Renaissance Woman Wannabe

They Read Me

Tides Past