10) Though it was excellent CG, too much battle scenes.
9) Lines like, "Oh Anakin, you're breaking my heart!"
8) Padme's diminishing control over her intellectual faculties and increasingly hormonal/emotional outbursts with every succeeding movie.
7) Inconsistencies, like, how come Anakin knew that Luke was his son but didn't sense Leia? Was it because she didn't have "Skywalker" next to her name? Wasn't the Force strong with her?
6) Hayden Christensen tries too hard.
5) The lovely couple discover their on-screen chemistry too late. Episode 2 was supposed to be the "romantic" movie, according to George Lucas. If Episode 2 is a geek male's idea of romance, humanity is in trouble.
4) Nobody goes to sleep in a pearl gown, perfectly coiffed hair and a mask of dewy make-up.
3) Nobody actually knows that Padme and Anakin, two very high-profile people, were married? They were living together for crying out loud!
2) With all that technology, nobody knew she was carrying twins? How could Anakin and Padme not know? I guess that shows how involved they actually were in the pregnancy.
1) In ROJ, Luke asks Leia if she remembered their mother. She described her as "very beautiful, but very sad." How could she have remembered her mom if she died in childbirth?
Please, Star Wars fanatics out there, answer my questions. My knowledge is limited to the movies.
***
Carrie Underwood is the new Idol? Bah! Dapat si Bo Bice! Pero in fairness, bagay sila. I hope Bo and Carrie end up together! They look so cute together! I want them to become a couple.
The funny thing about the Idol finalists, they want to make it big in the music business, but they end up becoming famous because they're famous, not because of their music. The musical credibility of past winners have been practically nil. Kelly Clark is the only one I know who is approaching that place. Hope that changes with Bo.

10 comments:
10) Except for the battle above Coruscant, all the other CGs didn't go well with me.
9) Gotta agree with you on that. Broke my heart too (and killed enough brain cells in the process).
8) That girl was upak in "LEON". She does a pretty weak "LEIA" mom doesn't she?
7) The Force was strongest with men. It's a man thing :-)
6) Yeah. So true.
5) See number 6.
4) See number 8.
3) Well, Obi-Wan knew. The droid knew (but I don't think he counts).
2) Noticed how small her stomach was with twins? Must have something to do with gravity.
1) Ok I'm convinced. George Lucas now officially sucks as a storyteller.
Wow Jos, long time no see man. :) I'm by no means a Star Wars geek (I'm more of a Trek geek as you know. he.he.) but I'll endeavor to answer some of these inconsistencies just for the heck of it.
10) Though it was excellent CG, too much battle scenes.
My nitpick would be that at times the battles scenes are too incomprehensible. In the opening scene you land smack right into a battle with a hundred things happening at once and you don't know which is good and which is bad. It's this unclarity amidst this clutter that plagued these 3 movies. If orchestrated more clearly, I think the length of battle scenese would be actually cool to watch.
9) Lines like, "Oh Anakin, you're breaking my heart!"
Oh, that's not the worst of it. It might be Darth Vader going "NNNOOOO!" in a cliched overhead pull back shot. It's funny rather than dramatic. I think Natalie is a great actress and she made the best with the lines given her. It's Hayden who's the bad actor. ARGH.
8) Padme's diminishing control over her intellectual faculties and increasingly hormonal/emotional outbursts with every succeeding movie.
Could be Anakin was exerting more and more subconscious control over her. As we discover, he's pretty protective. He's also a very powerful Jedi. It's not beyond his means to to exert such kind of control.
7) Inconsistencies, like, how come Anakin knew that Luke was his son but didn't sense Leia? Was it because she didn't have "Skywalker" next to her name? Wasn't the Force strong with her?
The possible explanation would be yes, the force is not strong with her, at least not yet.
6) Hayden Christensen tries too hard.
Yes.ha! ha!
5) The lovely couple discover their on-screen chemistry too late. Episode 2 was supposed to be the "romantic" movie, according to George Lucas. If Episode 2 is a geek male's idea of romance, humanity is in trouble.
I never thought they were really right for each other. The love story in Ep 2 was pretty bad and Hayden's acting there was pretty forced.
4) Nobody goes to sleep in a pearl gown, perfectly coiffed hair and a mask of dewy make-up.
Yeah, that bothered me as well.
3) Nobody actually knows that Padme and Anakin, two very high-profile people, were married? They were living together for crying out loud!
Yes. It would have been better I believe, if the script played up their "forbidden love" part a little bit more. Stolen moments here, stolen moments there. It would have made the nature of their relationship and eventual loss of it a little bit more credible.
2) With all that technology, nobody knew she was carrying twins? How could Anakin and Padme not know? I guess that shows how involved they actually were in the pregnancy.
It's possible that they just didn't want to find out. Maybe, like many couples, they prefer to be surprised. I'm reaching here, I admit.
1) In ROJ, Luke asks Leia if she remembered their mother. She described her as "very beautiful, but very sad." How could she have remembered her mom if she died in childbirth?
It's possible that Leia is referring to the only mother she knew, Mrs. Bail Organa.
Another explanation would be that her dormant Jedi powers allow her to remember her mother (Padme) in a way that most normal people won't.
7) At the Battle of Yavin, Vader noticed a pilot he just couldn't shoot down. He opined that "The Force is strong with this one." Sometime between the Battle of Yavin and the Battle of Hoth, Vader tortured a captured Rebel pilot. That's when he found out the Force-strong pilot was a Skywalker.
1) Force-sensitives like Leia have precognitive and postcognitive abilities.
Oh, and Leia couldn't have been referring to Mrs. Organa. Luke asked about "our mother".
Ey Gerry, I've been around man. Lurking nga lang...
Have to agree about the battle scenes, getting dropped between two armies in the middle of the action is distracting to say the least, I couldn't even sympathize/emphatize/remotely get concerned/or even relate with the clones (still human) getting killed because there was no build-up. Heck, I couldn't even tell who was winning!
A good battle scene would be like Omaha Beach on Saving Private Ryan. Not so much as the gore but more because you can feel as if you're really there. In Episode 3 all I can think of is whoaa... nice palette of colors you got there... oh... that was supposed to be a bad ass clone commander huh?
Hi Jos! Nice to see you here :D
Gerry, I agree with most of your answers, and I especially like the one about Leia being able to 'see' her mother ;)
And the acting is just terrible. The story I'd LOVE to rework on, and the lines are just... (choke!)
As usual, we're not dissing the movie because we hate it, but because we love the Star Wars mythos that we hoped they've done better! :D
I mentioned elsewhere that my absolute fanboy dream would be if George Lucas decides to do Episodes 7, 8 and 9, it would be that he creates the overall plot and create all these cool characters and settings. This is I think is what he's extremely good at.
But I hope he gets someone else to write the script based on his plot, and have someone else direct it. And who has proven himself to be extremely good at adapting other people's material to film? None other than Peter Jackson! If him, Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens write the script, Peter Jackson directs, and production/effects done by both WETA and ILM, I have no doubt it would result in one fantastic trilogy.
This is what George did with Empire Strikes Back and it resulted in the most loved part of the entire Star Wars Saga. He had a collaborator in the writing, and someone else directed it.
wow...never thought my blog went beyond my circle. Welcome jos!
Thanks for the answers! still unconvinced of the precog thing. I think its a hole in the story.
Post a Comment