In lust with life!

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

My Fantabulous Life!

This is one of those boring day in a life posts--forgive me if you deem it too banal.

I attended PCIJ's blogging conference. It was a very interesting forum on how blogging is shaping journalism, and whether blogging is a viable option for journalists in case of a government clampdown on media.

I was surprised to learn that GMA is set to issue a memo on blogging, prohibiting employee bloggers from discussing work matters or "out-scooping" the network from news coverages. Ethics and copyright infringement laws were also discussed.

There was some debate on whether news institutions should support bloggers more. ABS-CBN's ignorance of the blogging phenomenon has allowed ANC's Ricky Carandang more freedom to express his opinions, and even break news that the network has "killed." At the other end of the spectrum, ABC has supported reporter Jove Francisco's forays into blogging. Some believe that institutional support will allow blogging to prosper, while others believe that the unfamiliarity of the medium has prompted a knee-jerk reaction among networks to squash blogging, as in GMA's case. Though I don't run a news blog, it's still comforting to know my rights to free speech as a blogger. I also met a valuable contact that may help me get to where I'm going. Anyway, it's something I want to disclose just yet.

I then proceeded to the Komics Convention at the UP Bahay ng Alumni, mainly to catch up to new gossip, chat up with friends, that sorta thing. I finally met up with a long-lost friend from Journ school. Verns, if you're reading this, hi!

Then it was a race to return to Makati. Thomas was spotted by the president of a modling agency, and hired him to be a model/talent. It was the boss's birthday, dinner at 7 p.m. at Greenbelt 2.

We had a short argument because I felt overdressed. Thomas wanted me to wear the dress he liked, which I felt was inappropriate for something as informal as a dinner at Italiannis. There was no time for me to put on make-up. So there I was, bare-faced and over-dressed, rubbing elbows with the beautiful and the coiffed. I felt so out of place, and felt even more insecure as model after model converged at our table. Thomas expressed an interest in one of the models, who was wearing a brown tank, denim pants, and a full mask of make-up. Though I sincerely didn't feel a pang of jealousy, I felt that her mere presence highlighted my own physical inadequacies: my imperfect skin, my little tummy, and the fact that I was overdressed.

Ah, the little insecurities of life.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

NikkiAlfar

Tobie Abad

Gabby Lee

Andre Mischa Cleofe

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Renaissance Woman Wannabe

They Read Me

Tides Past