In lust with life!

Sunday, April 17, 2005

Cali Boys

Either I need to change something in myself or Manila is getting to be too small for me. I seem to be dating the same kind of guys lately. I'm beginning to think of ways of how to re-orient the way I gauge a guy's attractiveness.

I spent the weekend with my friend Leslie, pulling back-to-back all-nighters. Friday night we went out for drinks with her boss, his wife, and his hot, hot cousin Joey. Leslie and I were griping about our boy problems when Joey said something very illuminating.

"The problem with you guys is that you're never willing to consider dating good guys."

The thing is, I thought that I was dating good guys. For crapssakes, I even dated a seminarian. I have a soft spot for quirky, talky, neurotic guys, but series of these cute oddballs I've dated seem to never work for me.

On Saturday, Leslie set me up on a double date with her friends Bobby and Jeff, Fil-Am Cali boys who spoke with sentences peppered with the words "b*itch, "*@ss" "motherf*ucker" and "It's all good." You know the type: bald, tatoos, biceps and testosterone.

She was with Bobby and I was set up to keep Jeff company. He was huskily built, and he seemed as slutty as the people who join those odd dating shows like The Fifth Wheel. During the course of the dinner, he made several requests that betrayed what he really was after.

That Leslie and I get it on in girl-on-girl action for him.
He asked me how many times I masturbated in a week.
Suck on an ice cube he was holding.
If I "go anal."

You get the drift.

The entire night was spent rolling my eyes and fending off his hands. He kept on trying to nibble my ear.

I thought the night was over when he and Bobby invited their friend Mike over, and we all went to Centro in Libis, a hip-hop club notorious for its cage-dancing contests.

As my eyes adapted to the sting of cigarette smoke, whose acrid smell I was sure would drench my hair and clothes, I realized that I was in a room filled with Jeffs. Overgrown frat boys eager to prove themselves to the world.

Though I no longer go clubbing as frequently as I used to, I can still party with the best of them. But seeing this crowd, barely legal girls stripping for attention, for a trip to Hong Kong, or for whatever reason, and guys secretly taking pictures of their panties, I realized that I have truly outgrown any desire to partake in any of this. I've been going clubbing for years and realized that I have been meeting guys like Jeff all this time: Fil-Am Cali gangsters or wannabe Cali boys out for skin.

I need a change of scenery. Got any clues where?

2 comments:

Sean said...

Your weekend experience was about as far away from subtlety as I've ever seen. :)

Seeing that you can't hit me from where you're sitting (anonymnity has its advantages, after all), I'd have to say that you're getting *older*. You're probably looking for something that's - for lack of a better phrase - more mentally mature than the overgrown frat boys you've been meeting.

What do you do with your friends that doesn't involve going out? Maybe you can focus on that instead. Whatever you do there, you're bound to run into other people who have similar interests in that area. And they'll probably see you from a viewpoint that won't necessarily involve getting into your pants.

Arashi-KIshu said...

No offense taken :)

Actually, I am on a quest to improve myself, to be a better person, the best version of myself I can possibly be. I set up this goal for myself over two years ago and I hope its working :)

What I do aside from going out? Cosplay. Wish me luck in finding someone in that field :(
Toastmasters Club--Married men and Dads.

Hay tama na muna ang pag-ibig! Career na nga muna! Pera!

About Me

My photo
Renaissance Woman Wannabe

They Read Me

Tides Past