
Ah, yes I was wrong. I thought the Church was ready for reform, but I was wrong. Rats!
Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger is now Pope Benedict XVI. His name has been floating around for years, the buzz that he will be the next Pope has been going around since I was in college. I am not that impressed with him, though he reportedly has a very good head above his shoulders. He has performed his duties well as one of the late Pope John Paul II's executives. I think it is because I perceived him to be distant, a paper pusher, in contrast to John Paul's dynamic rule. Whenever I see photos of him, I see him hobnobbing with elite Catholics worldwide like the Kennedy clan of America, but not really with the people. Hindi masa ang image niya. Hopefully as his tenure continues, I, as a Catholic, will get to know and love the person who replaced the only Pope I have ever known.
I respect the Church's desire for continuity, being the good Catholic hypocrite that I am. Mabuhay ang Santo Papa!

No comments:
Post a Comment