In lust with life!

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Have you Seen Me?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It all started on October 2004. One of The Boss' security men asked me whether I was in Cubao the week before. I said I wasn't in Cubao at the time. He told me that he saw me in line in the SSS building when he was updating his membership.

That was strange, I thought, but shrugged it off. People have told me that I resembled someone they knew.

Three weeks later, I was hanging out with friends in SM Megamall on a lazy Saturday evening when one of them asked me I was there at around three p.m.
"No. I just arrived. Why?"
"I swore I saw you at around that time near the theaters."

Whoa. This was freaky, I thought. Two sightings in a month? I forgot about it until last December, when I had a close encounter of the cloning kind.

I had just enrolled at Slimmer's World Pasay Road. I was chatting with the account executive I had submitted my application to when she told me an unbelievable story regarding my clone.

"Yeah, I thought she was you! She was with a friend, who was a little chubby. Her friend was the one interested in enrolling and I thought it peculiar that you came back the day after you enrolled. I thought you were pulling my leg when I realized that she wasn't you!"

"How'd you know it wasn't me?" I asked.

"Well, you have similar hairstyles, but hindi siya kasing-bibo mo. Mas mataba sa iyo ng konti saka hindi Inglesera. (She isn't as chatty as you are, a little chubbier, and she doesn't speak English). In fact, she seemed like the quiet type. She just sat there, and her friend did most of the talking."

I was so freaked out that I HAD to call my sister. For thirty minutes, we speculated about her identity. I learned that day that her name was Queenie, and she worked for a call center. Unless my mother had another surprise up her sleeve ("but how could you not know that I'm a twin?!"), we felt that she could be my half-sister from my anonymous biological father.

She never came back with her friend, and everything returned to normal, until last February, when The Blurb's Jonas Diego saw her at the diner I frequent!

He said that he was having lunch alone when he saw a girl he thought was me! Jonas would never mistake me as anybody else. We know each other well, and we meet at least once every two weeks. He said that he was in a queue when he noticed the girl, who was a little ahead of him in the food train.

"I was staring at her so hard I think I made her feel uncomfortable. She probably thought I was a weirdo. She really looked like you!"

This was just getting too close for comfort. Could she be my phantom? A clone? My doppleganger? For a fleeting moment, I feared we would melt into each other upon contact like in the Van Damme movie Timecop.

"So what made you stop from wanting to talk to her?"

"Aside from the fact that she might have thought I was a stalker?"

"Well you should have talked to her! You know I've been looking for her for months now!"

"Her hair was a little different. Shorter. Hers didn't flip away like yours do. She was a little taller. More weight. Had bigger boobs too."

I eyed him incredulously. "How would you know that she had bigger boobs?"

He shrugged. "I just know. Guys know."

"She did seem like you personality opposite."

So if anybody who reads this knows this girl, PLEASE contact me! Let's put a stop to this nonsense!

The photo above is just me, approximating what she looks like. I look ugly in it :P

***
I don't subscribe to personality tests but I found this as funny as hell.
This is what I got. Uncanny.
You are a WEDF--Wacky Emotional Destructive Follower. This makes
you a Menace to Society.Well, whether you're actually a menace depends on how
you choose to channel your energies. You chew your fingers and have an addictive
personality. Properly guided, you can be enormously productive--otherwise you
run amok, stir up trouble, and generally have a hell of a good time.To your
friends, you are a source of relentless entertainment. You often get into
trouble, but you almost always find a way out. You are strangely popular and
feed off others' energy. You live hard, seize the day, and although your more
sober friends would like to see you settled down, you generally have fewer
regrets and better memories than they do. Your tenet is that, at the end of the
day, one regrets only what one didn't try. You are right.You could benefit from
outside help in balancing your highs and lows. Or perhaps cutting back on the
caffeine.Of the 116881 people who have taken this quiz since tracking began
(8/17/2004), 4.9 % are this type.

Funny thing is, I'm not a caffeine junkie.

4 comments:

drivebyshooter said...

"The photo above is just me, approximating what she looks like. I look ugly in it :P"

Hindi ko alam kung bakit tawa ako nang tawa... ang aga pa, lumalabas na kababawan ko.

Arashi-KIshu said...

glad to have made your day! :D

Sean said...

> I eyed at him incredulously. "How
> would you know that she had bigger
> boobs?"
> He shrugged. "I just know. Guys
> know."


This is entirely true. Guys just know these sorts of things. :)

Ever considered the possibility that these could all be separate people? I mean, the only common thread between them and you is the hairstyle. If the hairstyle weren't considered, then they probably wouldn't have been recognized as you in the first place. Maybe the salon that does your hair decided to do it for other people as well, or something.

jonasdiego said...

You got the milk carton graphics! Nice one.

About your doppleganger, I swear I will talk to her the next time I see her. :)

About Me

My photo
Renaissance Woman Wannabe

They Read Me

Tides Past