Just covering all my bases people ;) Enjoy!
Gerry and I left San Pablo at around 7:30 am and reached Alabang at around 9:00 am yesterday. Had breakfast, got my stomach acting up again so I bought medicines then went to the activity center. We found out that we should have bought their book the day before for us to get 'tickets' to sit inside the cordoned area. We could've bought a copy, but the day before? Hmmm... I'm not like that, considering where I'll be coming from.
We tried to find a good place to stand and found one near the back. At around 10:15, there was a ribbon-cutting ceremony at the Homezone to open an exhibit of the work he did for the US Pavilion at the World Expo in Aichio, Japan. Then he was led to the stage where he was introduced by Daphne OseƱa-Paez (I didn't know until yesterday that she's pretty in person). He commented at every one of his credentials Daphne was enumerating. He's happy and proud of what he did without sounding that he's bragging about it.

Thom with Daphne
He told a story about having 17 meals until since arriving Friday morning. "Didn't we eat just awhile ago?" Thom and Kyan would say to each other. Well, I'd say, welcome to the Philippines! :) Then, yesterday at their hotel, they were supposed to eat breakfast and when they asked around, they were led to the restaurant where a long table with a lot of women were there. "Kyan, I think they are trying to convert us."
Anyway, he conducted a lecture about the US pavilion, about design, did a critique on the works done by the PSID students and answered questions... similar to seminars we've been attending during our conventions. His manager, who looks also like a bodyguard, was laughing hard because Thom was funny and yes, he is charming.

Thom in action
Book signing was next. But unlike what happened there at Greenbelt, the ladies had a grand time taking pics with him even during the opening of exhibits. And even after book signing ended, Thom stood up and signed more books along the way. Then it's done. We bought some stuff and went home.

Thom charms the ladies
It was fun. Thanks to my husband for coming with me, and who was not embarassed of taking Thom's pic in a sea of women.
--------
I think I've been partying waaay too much lately. I need a break.
As someone once told me, "Sleep is good. Sleep is your friend."
Indeed.
Fete de la Musique was somewhat of a disappointment for me. Didn't enjoy the heat, the crowds, and the unruly and unwashed youth, whose idea of teenage rebellion was to get drunk and pick fights. While I bumped into many old friends and acquaintances, the crowds made it impossible for me to locate and unite my disparate group of friends, scattered across the fair grounds.
Anyway, it got too overwhelming that my brother, his girlfriend, her sister and I motored over to Absinth. Turned put that the samba band that played at the Fete had also headed there, along with other Fete refugees.
So there I was, dancing by myself and minding my own business, as I was wont to do in these places, when a girl with a pixie haircut and in a funky skirt decided to join me. So I decided to jump on for the ride.
Things got pretty heavy between us, as she grabbed my hand and led me to the VIP section. Once there, she decided that she wanted to get funky, so I thought, cool, let's get funky.
Bumping and grinding, pelvis against pelvis, sweat against sweat. I did my best to follow her rhythm. It got pretty hot. I had to admit that I was a bit turned on by it all. She whispered in my ear that everybody in the room envied us. I didn't really care because I was lost in the music.
Truth be told, I know I had told you guys that I have never been attracted to women. Well, there was this one girl. Just one. I was 22. I thought I was going nuts when I was almost paralyzed by my massive crush on her, because I know that I'm not a lesbian. Anyway, I decided to keep my distance and my feelings for her went away.
She got tired, so we plopped down a couch and cuddled. As I stroked her leg, we shared information about each other. Her name was Marge, 21, and yes, she was gay. Duh! she exclaimed. Wasn't it obvious? I replied that I don't like to assume things about people. I've danced with other strangers before, some of them women, but just because we decided to get down and dirty doesn't make them gay, right?
She told me her girl was out of town,so I asked her, won't her friends think that you're cheating on her girlfriend? She told me that her girl is probably cheating on her with a guy. Besides, it's like we we're doing anything wrong. I asked her wasn't her GF gay, too? She said that she likes to go out with "straight" women.
Anyway, my cellphone beeped. It was my brother, who told me we had to go. So Marge and I left the VIP section. I thanked her with a peck on her cheek. I didn't ask for her number because a) I'm straight b) I figured that if she's realy interested, she'd ask for my number.
Later that night, I dreamt that I bumped into her while I was on holiday in Spain. We chatted for a bit, then she asked me why didn't we exchange numbers when we first met? Then she gave me her number.
Damn, I really should've asked for her number.

3 comments:
It's not as bad as you think it is :)
I admit that I didn't expect much from Fete, seeing that the most of the local "music fans" don't seem to be as much fans of music as they are of the demon drink.
I know a number of women who've experienced events when they've been attracted to other women (despite a non-homosexual orientation). It doesn't imply a tendency towards homosexuality and is probably normal, although it does raise the question of just what made you attracted to her in the first place.
That said, why do I get to talk to women about things like these, anyway? It's not as though they crop up in normal conversation...
Hi Cathy!!! I saw us on F too... Although I really didn't get to see myself... My parents did... But I saw you! Hehehe =) I wish I'd seen Thom... I think he's nice too... =) Have you read Anton San Diego's article on Inquirer yesterday??? They're planning to invite the fab 5 ulit! And one clothing line here in the Phils asked Kyan to be their endorser... Im just not sure if he accepted the offer...
Post a Comment