In lust with life!

Monday, June 06, 2005

Make-up 101

Okay folks we now begin our lesson on painting human faces. It's in time for the first week of classes and the inauguration of the Slinging Ink Writer's Web group!

If you have been a very good girl (or boy) and religiously follow the tenets of good skin care (enough sleep, water, cleanse/tone/moisturize), then you wouldn't need this tutorial. But not everybody could be a very good girl (or boy).
This is a practical guide on how to put on make-up on your face for everyday activities. I won't recommend painting your face all the time, since the skin needs a rest from all that gunk. But when you need to hide some blemishes here and there, my sister and my model, Grace demonstrate a quick fix.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1) On a clean and oil-free face, dab on a little concealer on blemishes, like Grace's zit. Focus on the bottom side of the pimple. Cover up under-eye circles, the sides of the nose, anything that's darker than your natural skin color. There are several colors of concealer that can be matched to skin tone or to counter-act the color of the blemish. Green concealer only works for fair-skinned people.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2) Dab a little foundation on a damp sponge (or your fingers)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

3) Blend. Make sure any trace of concealer mixes in with the foundation. I like using liquid foundation best because it dries easily but doesn't leave my skin dry. I like Mary Kay medium coverage foundation, but use Nivea Natural Tinted moisturizer when I get lazy. I use Max Factor cake foundation in Tawny Beige when I know I will be photographed.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

4) Don't forget the neck! You wouldn't want to look like you fell face-first into a bowl of flour. This will ensure that the color of your face matches your neck. Remember that your face will be more tan than the rest of your body. But you already know that.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

5) Apply pressed powder to set. My sister and I use Godiva pressed powder. We like the consistency of the powder, and it blends well with make-up.

I hope I do Kyan proud!
----

Dear boys who are boys.

The principle of this entire exercise is simple. Pretend the face is a wall with chinks and holes. You are about to paint this wall. Concealer is the masilya or putty used to smoothen everything out. Foundation is akin to the primer coat of paint, powder is the final coat of paint. Intiende?

In the immortal words of Jonas Diego, "Concealer before foundation makes you a sensation!"

Could that statement be any more gay?
----

P.S. DOES ANYBODY KNOW OF A WAY I COULD GET INTO THE QUEER EYE PARTY 7 P.M. GREENBELT BAMBOO PARK WITHOUT GATE-CRASHING?

ONWARD HOY!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

6 comments:

jonasdiego said...

"In the immortal words of Jonas Diego, "Concealer before foundation makes you a sensation!"

Could that statement be any more gay?"

Ha ha ha! Hey, wait a minute.. ;)

Nikki said...

Eep! You forgot to tell the world to let the concealer dry before putting on foundation, otherwise they'll just end up wiping it away.

And I didn't know Nivea had a tinted moisturizer! (Never a foundation girl myself...) Hopefully it's cheaper than my current brand; thanks!

Svelte Rogue said...

hi cathy!!! boo, found you. i've stopped bloghopping already but am commenting here to leave a trail for your rogue doses. :) forget the bluechron account, that's a dead deal and it's best to keep it that way (with rot and stink).

as for this post... you're funny! but thanks for the tips. i can easily remember this... considering that i used to do this sh*t only when i was going to perform. i haven't put on make up in ages. as in anything. my only make-up of late has been chap stick.

i didn't know jonas diego could be gay. :) peace, jonas.

Anonymous said...

But...but...like, I am SOOOO not. Ha ha ha! :D

Arashi-KIshu said...

Jonas: dum-de-dum-de-dum...

Nikki: Oops, my bad! Thanks for the tip!
Other girly-girls, suggestions are more than welcome!

Svelty: :( am sad. Sige will be a jumba-stalker. Sana update mo kami sa iyong gallery about Mika and the new baby and all that!

Gerry Alanguilan said...

Punta kami ni Ilyn sa Town Center bukas to see the Queer Guys, pero baka hanggang dun na lang kami at hindi na kami tumuloy ng Greenbelt.

About Me

My photo
Renaissance Woman Wannabe

They Read Me

Tides Past