I have a penchant for dating oddly named men. How many girls you know have dated a Kweku, an Irran, and a Mervyl? Maybe it's not the name. More likely I have a penchant for picking guys with commitment issues.
Maybe the reason why I end up with guys with interesting names is because the names become a self-fulfilling monicker; they end up being unique because of their unique names. And I do have to admit, it takes a lot to keep me interested in one guy.
Sometimes, I do wish I could pick out an ordinary guy. Somebody named Joey (oh wait, I did date a Joey), or Mark (hm, I've dated a Mark, too) or a Patrick (no offense to Sephie :D).
For some reason, I am convinced that I will have a son (please remain as optimistic as I am, people!). I want to name my son Jacob, aka Jake. A Jake sounds like a man, a manly man, man's man name. "Hey Jake, wanna play ball?" "Hey Jake toss me a beer!"
See what I mean?
For my future daughter, I'm partial to Dru. It does seem lame to name my daughter after a vampire on Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, but Dru seems like a hip name. She sounds like she's a tough, no-nonsense chick who can be one of the guys. It's not too feminine, but you know that she's drying her nails while she's kicking some loser's ass.
-------
I wanna speak out on the Jude Law thing. Not to excuse his infidelity, but if I were the nanny, how on earth could I refuse Jude Law? The most beautiful man on earth wants to be my sperm donor! He's hot, he's talented. He may not have morals, but that can be worked on. How can I refuse those genes?
All I'm saying is, I can't blame the nanny.
Sienna Miller is gorgeous, and can get herself another gorgeous man. It takes a beautiful person to have the self-esteem to be able to refuse another beautiful person. Way to go Sienna!
Since Jude is now single, he can make a deposit in my bank. Anytime. ;)
----
I stress, however, that this invitation is open to Jude Law and Jude Law alone. Not to you, Mr. Star Wars poseur. Whatever you heard about me is completely wrong.
"Cath, wasup, **** here, no one will ever know naman, eh, cmon just for once"
Does this line ACTUALLY work on women? Stupid!
No one will ever know? Yeah, right. You'll probably tell people that I've spread myself open, even without the benefit of the actual event.
To the man of the everchanging phone numbers (yes, you know who you are).
Screw you.
In lust with life!
Thursday, July 21, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Read Me
They Read Me
Tides Past
-
▼
2005
(93)
-
▼
July
(13)
- SONA-A day in my Life
- WARNING! Men in Uniform Right Ahead!
- The Story of My Life
- It's all in the Name
- Man, I feel like a Woman!
- A Week in Narcoleptic Hell
- A Neil Gaiman Fangurl Moment
- Sex, Lies, and Voyeurism
- Make-up 101: Lips
- New Life
- Food for Thought
- Make-up 101: Cheeks
- Taking Over the World...One Costume at a Time
-
▼
July
(13)

3 comments:
I remember a phase when I was dating women whose birthdays all revolved around the first of each month. (I know a June 2, a September 1, and a May 30, to name a few.) Odd coincidence.
Then again, we can probably chalk up the "strange name" thing to the proliferation of new-age names during the early 80s.
That said, I find it ironic that lines like that can potentially work on women. What's comforting, at least, is that once a woman can see between the line(s), she'll probably already know the man for what he is.
I like the name of Noir, Giovanni, Alexander and Alexandra. Noir and Giovanni I can use it on both sexes though XD
Pabayaan mo na yung nagtxt sa iyo. I told you that you just have to insult him para tumigil na eh.
"No one will ever know? Yeah, right. You'll probably tell people that I've spread myself open, even without the benefit of the actual event."
Maaaan that happens way too often! Ugh. Lousy Losers.
Post a Comment