After arguing with the fates, pleading to God for years, and whining to my friends, I'm finally getting my ducks lined up in a row, standing firm at my place in the sun, and getting my life in order. Finally!
I started out in my new job last July 1. No, I haven't resigned from Mr and Mrs. Boss. I got me a new job as a features (but sometimes news) writer/photographer for Asian Journal, a newspaper in LA, San Francisco and Las Vegas (yes, in the United States) that caters to the Fil-Am market. My aunt, who reads the paper, congratulated me for my new second job, and I'm just relieved that I feel that I am getting the life I've always wanted, that things are working out my way. It's a nice feeling, of being settled, of knowing where I'm headed. Of knowing that life is on my side. To not feel anxious about the future and of my capabilities.
That I don't have to keep raging, struggling and fighting for what I want. To finally have it *just like that*
I guess if things are meant to be, then they happen *just like that*
My new job entails travel around the Philippines (yay!) covering and writing news (not so yay) and writing feature articles of things that catch my fancy (major yay!)
Last Thursday, I had my first photo assignment! My hands trembled as Miko, my Philippine boss, handed me his verrry expensive Nikon D70. With excitement and trepidation, I took photos of the new Greenbelt malls, anxious to get my shots all right. I learned a lot of new things that day. I've never handled a D 70 before, and Miko kept complaining that his camera's auto-focus capabilites were already shot after only a year of use. I made a mental note not to buy a Nikon. It took me some time to get the hang of the camera, so some of my pictures were out of focus or too dark. I feel that for an amateur, I did well.
I still can't believe that I'm being paid to take photos! I'm not as good as I want to be, but I am determined that I do well in my new job.
My checklist
Live alone-check
Be healthy and physically fit-check
Emotional and mental stability, overall positive disposition-check. No more drama, I hope!
Job I love-check
Man in life-ergh, not at the moment. I need to prove to myself first that I can make it in the Big, Wide World.
In lust with life!
Sunday, July 10, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Read Me
They Read Me
Tides Past
-
▼
2005
(93)
-
▼
July
(13)
- SONA-A day in my Life
- WARNING! Men in Uniform Right Ahead!
- The Story of My Life
- It's all in the Name
- Man, I feel like a Woman!
- A Week in Narcoleptic Hell
- A Neil Gaiman Fangurl Moment
- Sex, Lies, and Voyeurism
- Make-up 101: Lips
- New Life
- Food for Thought
- Make-up 101: Cheeks
- Taking Over the World...One Costume at a Time
-
▼
July
(13)

5 comments:
Nice shots. Some of them would make great wallpapers in hi-res.
hanglufet! that's the dslr i'm using din. one thing to note with the d70, it always gives out an underexposed image with all settings set to normal or zero. i kinda like it because it preserves the highlights better. but if i want brighter pictures straight out of the cam, i accordingly set the exposure between +0.3 to +1(depends on what kind of image i want to produce).
shoot lang palagi. the cliche is true, "practice makes perfect"... or "makes you better". :-)
Mike: Thanks! still learning
Rene: Pansin ko nga. I kept on looking at the monitor and commenting "bakit parang masyadong madilim" o "I swear the pic is too dark" but Miko kept re-assuring me that ok yun photos. Shutter-priority yun ginamit namin function. First time!
Next Komikero meeting kelangan turuan mo ko nun settings!
I prefer yung Aperture priority naman. with AP kasi, you can control what depth of field na fit for a subject. kung di ko pa rin gusto ang kuha, nagma-Manual na ako. :-)
If I can make it to the next meet, sure turuan kita. But I'm sure malalaman mo rin yan in time kasi madali lang paglaruan ang DSLR. keep on shooting!
nice pics... i was about to comment on the exposure settings, but somebody else beat me to it.
just keep playing around with the camera... you'll just keep getting better.
Post a Comment