There may be more to this Venus and Mars thing than meets the eye. Sure, men and women are different, but sometimes the communcation gap is so huge that men and women might as well be speaking different languages. I say one thing, a guy hears something else. Same is true in reverse for us girls.
A common problem that I encounter are guys who see me, see the clothes that I wear and hear the way I speak, assume automatically that I'll sleep with them. I felt uncomfortable today because two guys thought that I was "easy." One guy, who has had a serious crush on me for a year now, actually had the temerity to outright ask me to have sex with him and "pop his cherry."
NEWS FLASH PEOPLE: Yes I have sex. Yes I have sex with men.
No I will not have sex with you.
Maybe that wasn't clear enough for you. Yes I am comfortable with my sexuality. Yes I am aware that it is a potent force to be reckoned with. No I am not a slut. No, you can't fuck me. If you can afford to be discriminating about women, well I have the right to be discriminating with men too. DUH! I have taste! I have morals (believe it or not) and most of all, I AM NOT STUPID. I am not a bed-hopping sex-addicted bimbo, and usually, I have a relationship with these men as well. Why guys, you think I'm incapable of a serious relationship? Do you also think that women can't play this game as well as you do? Take me on people and I swear if you fuck around with me, things will get NASTY. I know what rape is, and I'm not afraid of reporting it to the police. I know my rights. I can't be pushed around so easily, honey. I don't buy that double standard stud/slut dichotomy between men and women. But honestly it is a pain when I encounter that discrimination. How I wish other people saw things my way.
A male friend explained it to me this way. Whenever a girl complains that she isn't getting any, a light goes off in the average Joe's brain that goes:
"Wow she wants some. She wants me! She doesn't care who it is right? Me! Me! Me!"
Another case of this disparity is apparent between my friends Mr. and Ms. Breakup, who I've mentioned in my past entry. Mr. Breakup has a "legal impediment," and Ms. Break-up feels that this is a "deal-breaker," something that needs to be cleared before the relationship progresses.
Now to clear this impediment, Mr. Breakup needs a lot of cold hard cash. He isn't really that keen on parting with enough money to buy a second-hand car, inflicting emotional pain on people he once loved and declare on public record that he's an asshole. But because he loves her, he'll do it. Ms. Break-up on the other hand is going through this "if you love him set him free" shit and said that she'll return when everything is free and clear. Mr. Break-up feels that Ms. Breakup is abandoning him at a time when he needs her most. He's got a point. Why go through the whole traumatic process if she isn't there , the reason why he's going through with it in the first place? Ms. Breakup also has a point. And neither seems to be willing to budge, and neither wants to meet halfway.
Men and women belong to such different planets and come from vastly different perspectives and sometimes, speak totally different languages. It's amazing that men and women are able to get along and actually start families. It's not like we live in a gender segregated society!
In lust with life!
Tuesday, September 14, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment