In lust with life!

Sunday, September 19, 2004

The Young and the Struggling

It's such a cliche to be young and broke, but I am.

I was so shocked when I received my payslip. I took home P 4,700. Holy cow. How am I gonna live on that much money for the next 15 days? I think that I have to declare a dependent. The Man took P 1,300 from me in taxes. The GSIS took a P800 cut. Hopefully, they'll put it in my pension rather than plunk it down on another pricey painting. I'm all for art but not in the expense of my pension!

Something has got to give. It either has to be Toastmasters or cosplay, and I ain't giving up cosplay. I'm not willing to give up my independence, either. I don't want to move back in with my folks. My rent is adequate payment for my peace of mind. I love my family, it's that I can't bear dealing with them daily anymore. I am determined to pave my own way on the planet.

The same is true with cosplay. I was in the top 10 again (yay!) , but again, a hair away from the top 3. Cosplay has been very good to me. I have consistently placed in the finals of most of the competitions that I've joined but breaking into the top three is troublesome. Of course someone has to show up as a 7-foot robot *rolls eyes* Someone also showed up as KOS-MOS. So there goes my plan of cosplaying her. I need to figure out a way to break into the top three. Maybe its in my choice of characters.

My life now feels like an eternal struggle. Like the theme song of Friends. My job's a joke, I'm broke, and my lovelife's DOA. Hopefully it won't be for long.


2 comments:

jonasdiego said...

"...it's like you're always running on second gear
when it hasn't been your day, week, or month, or even your year

I'll be there for you
(when the rain starts to fall)
I'll be there for you..."

Sorry, couldn't resist. Been watching episodes of friends while I draw for many weeks now. :)

I'm getting brainwashed.

batangbatugan said...

How about getting a sideline, or as a friend put it:"charging people for work they're too busy slacking off". It's all up to you. -_-

About Me

My photo
Renaissance Woman Wannabe

They Read Me

Tides Past